your incompetence doesnt interest me






The Merchant of Morocco - such thing? :D

We've been instructed by our english teacher to write an autobiography about a character we please to choose in Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice. I don't care whether you want to read it or not, but i'll happily post mine anyway. Just to ease the burden of being bored. let me do my thing :

-- PRINCE OF MOROCCO --


I am the Prince of Morocco. The oh-so-magnificent that will make every girl drool over my overwhelming genetic splendor. Or so I think. About saying every woman falling over my spell, I kind of exaggerated. To be frank, regardless of the shameful truth, I’ve been gradually turned down by every woman I’ve fallen for. It hurts how to say it but I am a hopeless romantic. Though I’ve labeled myself as such, I’m happy to share with you one endearing memory.

I would never trade this incomparable experience. Her name was Venus and she holds the royal position as a princess of Great Britain. Her fair, doll-like complexion has simply won me over. Let alone, her amazing, sparkly hazel eyes. Exchanging letters with her from time to time has been indubitably fun. Yes my dear fellow beauties, our only communication is through snail mail. She sent me a picture of her so I’d know what to expect. It bothered me a lot that I have felt affection so strong and yet we haven’t met. I knew I could be crushed if ever I disappoint her. By disappointment, I mean, when she finally sees who I am. She might hold my skin color against me. Somehow, scare her off. That would be beyond doubt agonizing. Anyway, it was a blissful year of writing to each other. We were in a lover’s trance, merely hearing each other’s heart’s desire of completion. We both knew we were so made for each other that fate would finally allow us to meet. True enough, destiny didn’t forbid us to forever be distant lovers. The royalty of Morocco held an extravagant gala and fortunate enough, Venus’s family were greatly welcomed to this social event. It was an hour past nine. I stood recklessly at the balcony waiting for an angel to come by. The heavens pitied my plead. There she was, standing beautifully and smiling. I hid in the darkness, trying to avoid losing her if she comes closer. As much to my surprise, she came with utter glee and hugged me. I could have never been so happy. We enjoyed the rest of the night and finally met with her father, King Harrison. We were ecstatic to finally meet up, knowing that the spirit of love just wrapped around us just fine. But then, the inevitable happened. King Harrison disliked me for my color. He fumed with anger and dragged his family away from the event. They departed the place in a flash. Since then on, we weren’t allowed to see each other nor simply exchange letters. That is why I’m afraid to love again. I might scare off women by my dark complexion. Especially, now that I have been informed about a woman richly left in Belmont. Fairer than any woman, they say. Perhaps, I should try my luck.


there you have it. one of the shitty gutters we are to do. perhaps, there will come a time when ill not only rip out her eyeballs from her sockets, but i'll let her feet and her armpits be munched on by vicious rats. GAH. hahaha! morbid! Heaven forbid me! Bleck. kidding..NOt. hahaha! :D

nuff love sweetnesses,
X) Jace


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment